FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please let us know if you have not had an exceptional experience, or are not happy with the level of service you have received, please send us an email and we will contact you to resolve the matter. Our aim is to contact you within 3 hours of receiving your email, but please note this may on occasion take longer.
Are your prices in South African Rand (ZAR)?
Do your prices include VAT?
Is there a way for me to view the product before I purchase it?
Will I be allowed to place an item on hold?
I want to provide feedback about a product. How do I do this?
Do I need to enable cookies in my browser?
What should I do when I am finding it difficult to order from your website?
Who do I contact when I need personal assistance with my order?
2. Your Account
I want to start/open a new customer account. How do I do this?
- You can speed up the checkout, register various delivery addresses, and track your orders by creating a customer account.
- Click on My account, located on the top right hand side of the page. You will be directed to a new page where you will find the ‘New customers’ button.
- Click ‘create an account’ and enter details as requested and then click ‘submit’. Registration should now be complete! You will receive a confirmation e-mail to the address you registered with.
How do I update the details (email and delivery addresses, newsletter subscriptions, etc.) of my account?
- Click on My account, on the top right hand side of the page. You will then be directed to your account details.
- Scroll down to find your account information, with more details accessible using the links on the left.
- Click ‘edit’ next to ‘contact information’, then change your details as needed, followed by clicking on the ‘save’ button to ensure your details are changed.
How do I unsubscribe from email newsletters?
- Any newsletter emails you receive from us have an option to unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter. Click on that option and you will not receive future newsletters any more. Note that you will still receive emails during the processing of orders you place on this website, such as delivery details.
What do I do when the item I want is out of stock?
High demand for an item can occasionally lead to it becoming out of stock. Either choose another product, or try back in a few days. If a particularly vintage has been fully sold, we may replace it with a newer vintage of the same product, and update the product listing.
What are product substitutions?
On rare occasions, we may be unable to secure a product you have ordered. Typically, this happens when a supplier has previously indicated they have stock available, but they have just sold that stock to another customer. This is most likely to occur near the end of a particular vintage. In such a situation we will contact you, and offer you a different vintage if we are able to. Otherwise, or if you choose not to accept the alternative vintage, we will refund your order.
4. Checkout and Payment
How can I pay?
- We offer the following payment methods:Credit Cards and selected Debit Cards
- We accept VISA and MasterCard credit cards. Debit cards with a VISA or MasterCard logo may also be supported, if your issuing bank has enabled them for online transactions — contact your bank to confirm.
- Note that your card information is safe and secure. The payment details you enter are encoded and transmitted to our systems using 128-bit or higher SSL technology. We do not store your credit card details after we have processed your payment. See below for more details.
EFT (electronic funds transfer)
- This payment method requires the customer to transfer money directly from his/her account into our account. The relevant account details will be provided during the checkout process.
- Note that we can accept payments from foreign bank accounts, but these payments need to clear South African Reserve Bank foreign currency controls, which can delay payment receipt and order processing by several business days.
How safe is it to use my credit or debit card on your site?
We ensure that credit card transactions take place in a safe and secure environment. Your details are communicated over a secure connection, using a 128-bit or higher security certificate issued by a global security certificate provider. You can check the status of this certificate by clicking the security logo at the bottom of this page.We do not retain your card information once the transaction has been finalised, and process card transactions through a leading payment gateway that offers best practice PCI security compliance. Through this gateway, we can offer you the convenience of re-using your credit card on orders after your first, but we do not retain your credit card details and none of our staff have any way to access these details.
What do I do if my credit card details are not accepted?
The first step is to check with your bank to rule out any problems that may be occurring on that side. If you still experience difficulties, contact Customer Care, and they will alert our IT team to investigate the problem.
How do I know if my order is successful?
- Successful transactions are followed by a confirmation page on the website, as well as an email that is sent to you, which includes an order tracking number. Should you not receive such an email within an hour, please:
- Check the “spam” or “junk mail” folder of your email account.
- Verify the order status by viewing it in your account, accessed via My account at the top of this page.
- Should you still experience problems, contact Customer Care to confirm your order.
Please do NOT re-order your product without completing the above steps, as you may otherwise receive duplicate orders.
How long does it take for delivery?
Our delivery times are within 3-5 working days. We always aim to deliver on time, but sometimes things happen that are beyond our control and therefore we are unable to fully guarantee that all orders will be delivered within the stipulated time frame. See more about our deliveries
Can my parcel be delivered to an office address?
Yes, your parcel can be delivered to an office address. You must enter the address along with your full name upon checkout.
What is the postage & handling charge on orders?
See our delivery details for full details on delivery fees.
What is the status of my order?
Please use the tracking ID in your confirmation email to track the status of your order, or view the order status in your account, accessible from My account at the top of any page. If you have any difficulties with this process, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Care.
My items haven’t arrived yet. What can I do?
Please allow at least 10 business days for your order to arrive. You are able to track the status of your order using the tracking ID sent to you by email, or by viewing the order in your account, accessible from My account at the top of any page. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Care.
What if I am not home at the time of delivery?
As soon as your order is dispatched from our warehouse, you will receive an email to confirm that your package is on its way to your doorstep. If you know in advance that you are unavailable to take delivery or collection, please do contact us to arrange an alternative delivery time. If you attempt delivery and are unable to contact you, we will try again and/or leave a card giving you instructions on either re-delivery or collection from the courier.
6. Defects and Returns
What are your delivery and returns policies?
Do I get a refund if I don’t approve of the product after I have received it?
We make sure that all of our products on the website come with a highly accurate description and image, so as to avoid confusion. If you are still not satisfied with the item you have received, you may return it sealed, within 14 days of receiving the item. The item must be returned in its original packaging. Contact us for accepted methods of returning products.
What do I do with damaged, defective, or incorrect item
- We try to always provide the highest level of service possible. If there is a problem with your order, please begin by contacting Customer Care immediately; or simply send us an email. Provide as much information as you can about the problem, including:
- Your order number,
- The affected products,
- Your expectations i.e. refund or replacement.
A Customer Care Specialist will respond to you as quickly as possible.
NB!! Please DO NOT DISCARD ANY ITEMS unless you have been directed to do so by a Customer Care Specialist.
When you receive your order, it is IMPORTANT that you check to make sure everything is in good condition (i.e. not damaged or defective) and let us know right away if there is a problem with your order.
Items returned after 30 days will not be refunded.
For more information, please see our Returns Policy, or contact Customer Care for further assistance.
7. Privacy & Security
How do I know if it’s safe to shop here?
Do you keep my credit card details?
We do not store your full credit card details. We do store a token that allows us to process future orders against the same card. See the section “Checkout and Payment” above for more details.
Will my information be sold to third parties?